Monday, August 3, 2009

Testimonial: Acupuncture speeds up post-surgery healing

One of my patients wanted to share with me and my readers her experience with acupuncture. Thanks, Rachel!

“I had surgery on my hand to reattach a cut nerve and tendon. My doctor and occupational therapist told me that I should not expect to gain full range of motion in my affected finger. In addition to my regular therapy treatments and massage, I saw Josie Bouchier weekly for 8 weeks of my recovery. She used a variety of techniques to break up scar tissue and promote nerve growth. On my last visit with the Occupational Therapist, he told me he was honestly surprised that I have regained my entire range of motion, and that I was in the 95th percentile of those who had the type of procedure I had. He said, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it!" I attribute my successful recovery to acupuncture, and Josie's thorough understanding of the healing process. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking speedy recovery from surgery or other wounds, or any other issue for which western advice and prescriptions only partially treat.”
-Rachel, Business Administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment